Now is the chance to submit your $1000 Thought for 2018. Simply answer the question:
"What would your youth group or college group do with $1,000 to reach their community for Christ?"
You may submit 2018 Thousand Dollar Thought Entries until July 16, 2018. People can submit multiple entries and multiple entries from a church/youth group. We will only select one entry from a church/youth group as a finalist. We look forward to seeing your ideas and check out the 5 groups that we have already done projects with.
What is $1000 Thought?
At different times each year, Youth For America asks students all across the country this simple question: "If you were given $1000 to help reach your community or city, what would you do with it?"
Thousand Dollar Thought (part of Serve the City) is all about taking your great ideas and providing you with the resources to effectively carry them out. This is more than just a contest - it becomes a life-changing force for the targeted community.
- We like videos (A video will help your group stand out)
- Think outside the box. (You want to have an idea that is not the same as 40 other youth groups)
- Be detailed and specific. (we want to understand your idea and see your passion)
- Youth should narrate and do most of the speaking (We want to see youth being leaders)
- Shoot your video at the location you want to help.
- Don't procrastinate!
You can see videos, news articles, and pictures of previous winners below.
Our previous $1,000 Thought and partial grant winners
Highland Avenue Baptist Tabernacle Church (Owsley County, KY)
Moore's Memorial Baptist Church (The Hope House, Gate City, VA)
First Baptist of Belle Glade (Ella's Closet, Belle Glade, FL)
2nd Baptist and The Summit from DeKalb County, AL
Legacy Baptist and Circle K @ Kennesaw State University of Dallas, GA